Tuesday, March 26, 2013

THE MAGNUM FORCE INTERVIEW



magnum force is a powerful band.ive never seen them live,but from footage and the records ive heard,it seems as if that is where they are in their prime.each song is heavy in delivery of both music,but also lyrically.topics never stray far from hateful,hurt and angered lyrics of persecution,suicidal thoughts and self loathing.the music matches the brutality with sheer speed but also intensity in ever inch of the record.this interview was done with the bands frontman danny.enjoy.


36th Chamber Of Thrash: when did magnum force form?
Danny Johnson:MF formed in 09. I wanted to start a fast hardcore band so I asked a couple if friends and we been playing every since

36th:what are some of your influences lyrically?
D:My influences lyrically are gay issues and just shit I hate.



36th:favorite venues to play in az?
d:This is a tough one I guess I would have to say The Boneyard it's my friend's house we play in his room it's always a good time

36th:the split with sex prisoner and acxdc is tight,how long did it take you guys to record those tracks?
d:I think it only took us a couple of days to record the tracks we recorded the drums, guitars and bass in one session then I did vocals later.

36th:you have alot of hatred in your lyrics.does singing for the band have a cathartic effect for you?
d:I hate saying this but it like a release for me. I have so much built up anger. My childhood sucked I had some really awful shit happen to me. I wish I could kill the fucker who hurt me. That's why the shit I write is pretty much always hateful.

36th:what are your top 5 records youre spinning right now?
D:1. Goosebumps - I Hate My Body EP
2. Gag - Skimask '95 EP
3. A$AP Rocky - LONG.LIVE.A$AP
4. Masshysteri - Var Del Av Stan LP
5. Antwon - In Dark Denim
d:Thanks again for having interest in our band.
36th: thanks for answering my shitty questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment